Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ho-broken


Today's weather forecast called for storms. Unable to paddle, I turned on the TV to some disheartening news.

It was only days ago I congratulated my new mayor, our city's youngest, on this site. And although it usually takes years before Hoboken mayors are caught for corruption, it took Peter Cammarano less than two months. Sadly, our mayor has been charged with taking bribes from a government witness posing as a real estate developer. Pathetic.

Hopefully, tomorrow's weather, and our next mayor, will be brighter.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, Cammarano! I said last time don't hold your breath on the politics, I had no idea how right I was! I have just finished my post for tomorrow that touches on this subject.

    There are no politics on the Hudson river with your paddle in hand. Let's hope for clearer skies ahead from both a political and meteorological stand point.

    -Luke Sidewalker

    ReplyDelete