Sunday, July 12, 2009

Erie Lackawanna Ferry Terminal


The Erie Lackawanna Ferry and Train Terminal is nearing completion. They have been restoring the structure as long as I've been living here. Ferry service will begin using this structure again in about two years- which is amazing if you would've seen this place ten years ago. I am really pleased Hoboken has gone to such lengths to restore the old structure. It looks great from the waterfront. Today I saw rowers (yes, rowers) using the facility for protection from choppy waters. I took a picture of them, but unfortunately, my camera is giving me fits lately and would not allow me to upload the shot.

Below is a pic. I found from the library of congress. You can see ferry service in use at the bottom.

For more details on the ferry terminal project, check out nj.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment