Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back on Track



As a former cross country and track runner, it has been a while since I have stepped foot on a track. I have run marathons and longer distance races since graduating college, but I knew that once I stepped on a track, I wouldn't be able to match the times I ran when I was younger. I would only be disappointing that I couldn't do repeat quarters under 70 seconds or repeat sub 2:30 half miles with a smile on my face. I was right. But I no longer care. It felt great to get back on the all-weather surface and stretch my legs. Yes, it hurt. Yes, it was tiring. But for the first time in many years, I felt like a true runner again - not just the guy in the middle of the pack. While others were jogging (a term I despise - you either run or walk) around the outside lanes, I was tearing it up on the inside.

Above is the picture of the Weehawken Track. It is a great place to run - check out the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment