Monday, May 30, 2011

Visitors to Twelfth Street Pier



I paddled over to to the Twelfth Street Pier the other day. To my surprise, in addition to the historic Yankee Ferry that is always there, there were two other boats tied to the dock. One who is making a return visit and one that I had never seen before. The Anne is back (pictured in front). You remember this boat - its controversial Captain, Reid Stowe, spent a remarkable 1,152 days at sea. It left for winter , but has returned. Read more about this amazing ship here. The other boat was enormous! It flew flags from Denmark and had a large crew drinking wine and enjoying dinner when I paddled by. They all seemed very friendly and waved.

These ships add much needed character to our waterfront. I suggest you stop by to check them out before they sail off.

No comments:

Post a Comment