Monday, September 14, 2009

Down the River without a Paddle


Everything speeds up at the end of summer. I assume it is because we know we have less time to ourselves. If the waning daylight isn’t reminder enough, we have Labor day to tell us our days spent lying on the beach are over. It is time to get back to work. Sadly for me, this means less time in my boat.

I can’t complain, it has been an amazing summer. I’ve spent a great amount of time with friends and family and took a trip of a lifetime (though I hope it is not my last to New Zealand). I have also spent numerous days on the Hudson.

It can be difficult to get back into our autumnal routines. Paddling against the work-day current (metaphorically speaking) gets harder each year. I can see why some would just drop the paddle and see where the current takes them.

Lucky for me I believe a person did just that - and literally left their paddle for me to find! Thanks- cause I might need it. The current's gettin' rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment