Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lackawanna Ferry Terminal



I love paddling down to the Lackawanna ferry terminal. Each time I do, I am amazed by the restoration of this historic building. You can now see awnings have been added, as well as shiny, round decorative mirrors hanging from the ceiling.

I'm curious, with the construction of, not one, but six terminals, is the city of Hoboken anticipating greater ferry usage by Hobokenites? Is NY Waterway going to be increasing their capacity? Or, is the city of Hoboken anticipating other private-use ferry services? Maybe they will, once again, sail the Yankee Clipper - the ferry from Hoboken to Yankee Stadium? Either way, things are looking great downtown.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr. Scribner!
    It took almost two years but I finally found your blog. I enjoyed your analysis of the Hudson River and the pictures that documented everything from the nitrate levels to deterioration within the wooden piers. Have a nice RYW and hope to see you some time next week!
    -guess who

    ReplyDelete