Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Slow "Movember"



I feel things are slowing down lately. A few weeks ago, you could feel winter around the corner. I thought I would be on the ski slopes in no time. Now we seem to be stuck in an October fall - too warm for snow, too cold to eat outdoors.

The weather isn't the only thing that has slowed down. I walked past pier C today (see pics) and found it in the same place it was weeks ago.

Even my blog has slowed down. I have been running quite a bit lately- planning to do the Suntrust Marathon in the spring with my friend Paul. Unfortunately, there isn't as much to say about my days running as there is about my days paddling. And a camera can be difficult to carry over five miles. I hope you enjoy the photos from the waterfront. I also took a shot of the re-engineered Stevens Park soccer field. It looks like the battle of the "woodworms" has begun.

Yes, many things have slowed down this November, but if you are looking for progress, look no further than my friend Ash's mustache. You can help Ash raise both awareness and money for prostate cancer by visiting his "Movember" Page: http://us.movember.com/mospace/329908 All donations benefit both the Prostate cancer Foundation and the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Check it out!







No comments:

Post a Comment